Why do some people seem to easily achieve success, while others just dream of having a better life? Are people born with some sort of “top achiever gene,” or can you learn to be a top achiever?
I believe that anyone can accomplish what they desire in life….and by learning what the characteristics of top achievers are…we can begin to change our thinking, the way we respond to things and start seeing success come easier.
It’s said that passion and perseverance may be more important to success than talent or intelligence. What do you think? I think that’s a very fair statement…and I believe top achievers know that you have to have passion in what you’re doing because it’s the fuel that keeps you going when challenges appear….and they will appear. Successful people know that you must persevere no matter what set backs come along because that’s just part of the package.
Characteristics of Successful People…
One thing people just starting out in business need to understand…is you need to let rejection roll off you like water off a duck’s back. We need to “toughen up” and not allow ourselves to be offended by what others think of us or of the opportunity we’re promoting…and we need to not take it personal when a prospect tells us no. Read more about why “no” is a stepping stone to success. This is just one of the characteristics of top achievers in any industry. They don’t allow anyone’s opinion to kick them off their path.
Here are a few people with indestructible personalities and who have characteristics of top achievers:
John Gresham, an American lawyer, politician, and author, best known for his popular legal thrillers…once wrote a novel “A Time To Kill” and was turned down 25 times in an attempt to get it published.
But he refused to give up and now this novel and countless others are best sellers and many have been made into movies.
Dr. Seuss was rejected 29 times with his attempt to get “The Cat in the Hat” published and barely made it on the 30th time.
J.K. Rowling wrote the popular “Harry Potter” novel, but was refused by the first 8 publishers. Finally the 9th publisher took a chance and published her book, although they warned her she would NEVER make a dime and should get used to it. Wow…it’s a good thing she didn’t listen to them, right? 😀
These amazing people are just a few of the top achievers out there who never gave up…never threw in the towel and refused to say “uncle” even when they probably felt like saying the hell with it!
There is only one difference between the underachiever and the achiever: the underachiever quits…and the achiever completes.
6 Characteristics of Successful People:
1. Indestructible personality: They will not be crushed, stopped or denied and refuse to give up. They will keep pushing ahead no matter what.
2. Unshakable belief: In themselves and their abilities. They won’t allow dream stealers or naysayers to shake their belief in their goals and dreams.
3. Unrelenting courage: They refuse to quit and will never cower even when faced with setbacks and challenges. They have the guts to keep going because they believe in their dream.
4. Daily Method of Operation: They make a list of top priority income producing activities that must be done each day…and they do them before any other task.
5. Possess a positive attitude: No matter what challenges they may face, successful people always have a positive “I can do it” attitude.
6. They are not lone wolves: Successful people are involved in team support and give support to their team. Remember, when you give of yourself and your talents, you also receive and that is one great reason to be part of a support team. Everyone wins!
If you feel you need a little push to find the motivation to do what successful people do to get the results you want in your business, you can either pay this little guy $1.00 for a swift kick…or just take action.
Haha! Okay, all kidding aside, you probably don’t need a swift kick in the hiney…just take consistent action every day, read positive books and hang with people who will help you get the results you’re looking for.
You can do it! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post about the characteristics of success people, please comment below and share with your friends. Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great week!
Follow me on Facebook
Want to learn how to recruit more people? Check this out…7 Easy Ways To Recruit More People